It’s no secret that most people (Christians) are stressed, anxious, and generally not enjoying life.
I think I’ve identified the root cause. It’s something I call the “Modern Life” vs. the “Abundant Life.”
The Modern Life Flow goes something like this:
- Sacrifice time and energy to acquire (and manage) money and possessions
- Invest minimal to no time or money learning new skills
- Use “to do” lists to direct one’s life
- Feel perpetually behind, tired and unable to handle any more “blessing”
I like to contrast that with what I call the Abundant Life Flow:
- Use time and money to learn new skills and create energy (i.e. rest, nourishment, strong body, mindset, vision & purpose, fellowship, gratitude)
- Use excess energy to labor for (just enough) money to replenish immediate needs
- Use new skills and knowledge to create systems and find investments that make money for you
- Create life and shine your light in the world
It doesn’t matter so much what you do or how far advanced you are in the “program”. What matters is what comes first. Most people put “mammon” first. Few people put life first. They are contradicting priorities.
“No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.”