A quick glance at the top 20 sites on the web reveals there is a major mismatch between what the church is talking about and what people think about:
I’m astonished that the church still hasn’t figured out the following basic truths about modern life:
- People don’t call their pastor to ask about truth or get help with personal problems. They go to Google.
- Social media feeds inform our reality.
- Most people don’t like to read.
- People think about sex more than any other topic.
- People have an unlimited appetite for entertainment.
Here are the essential 21st century skills of evangelism (in addition to understanding biblical truth):
I doubt any church will be offering training on any of these skills, so the field is wide open for anyone who wishes to scoop up the harvest.
* For examples of websites who are using search engines to evangelize check out the following two sites: